Hello! My name is Kana and I am a student of University of Victoria. Below, I have answered a self reflection for the learning pod project!

What is your preferred mode of remote communication?
Texting/social media apps (eg. Instagram).

What are your communication strengths?
I am good at giving feedback and being supportive.

What are your communication weaknesses? Where would you like to grow?
I would like to be more responsive when I am communicating.

Do you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?
introvert.

What time zone are you in?
MST.

What time of day do you prefer doing academic work?
Morning or late at night.

When you are upset do you tend to share this with others or keep it to yourself?
Keep it to myself.

What do you like about group work?
Distributed workload and being able to ask for opinions and input from group members.

What don’t you like about group work?
Scheduling conflicts.

What else would you like your team to know?
I’m a linguistics major and I’m hoping to design a learning resource related to language, but I am open for any subjects! I have also taught figure skating in the past, so I have some experience in teaching and learning.

his website (Learning Design) is an aggregation of blog posts based on a category. For every post you create for this course, please add the “edci335” category. This will allow it to be aggregated into the Learning Design menu on your personal website and it will also allow it to be aggregated into the EDCI 335 course website (if you give permission to do so). You may also add any other relevant categories to a blog post. For example, you would add “Learning Design” category for any post related to EDCI 335. You may have blog posts that apply to other interests or courses, and those would not be aggregated onto our course website, so long as they don’t have the edci335 category applied. Only those with the edci335 category assigned to them would be appear on the course website. You can assign more than one category per post and feel free also to add tags, which are more specific in description than broad categories. Feel free create additional categories and tags, but please do not delete the categories we have set up for you.

Enjoy blogging! and please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have.